Twenty First Sunday in Ordinary Time
Posted by prepareformass on August 18, 2011
Sunday August 21st 2011 is the Twenty First Sunday in Ordinary Time Year A
Twenty First Sunday in Ordinary Time Year A
Is 22:15, 19-23
Ps 138:1-2, 2-3, 6, 8
21st Sunday in Ordinary Time
You are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church
Christ gives to Peter the keys of the kingdom
Whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.”
- Thus says the Lord, the GOD of hosts: Up, go to that official, Shebna, master of the palace,
- I will thrust you from your office and pull you down from your station.
- On that day I will summon my servant Eliakim, son of Hilkiah;
- I will clothe him with your robe, and gird him with your sash, and give over to him your authority. He shall be a father to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, and to the house of Judah.
- I will place the key of the House of David on his shoulder; when he opens, no one shall shut, when he shuts, no one shall open.
- I will fix him like a peg in a sure spot, to be a place of honor for his family;
Ps 138:1-2, 2-3, 6, 8
I thank you, LORD, with all my heart; before the gods to you I sing.
I bow low toward your holy temple; I praise your name for your fidelity and love. For you have exalted over all your name and your promise.
When I cried out, you answered; you strengthened my spirit.
The LORD is on high, but cares for the lowly and knows the proud from afar.
The LORD is with me to the end. LORD, your love endures forever. Never forsake the work of your hands!
Oh, the depth of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God! How inscrutable are his judgments and how unsearchable his ways!
“For who has known the mind of the Lord 2 or who has been his counselor?”
“Or who has given him anything that he may be repaid?”
For from him and through him and for him are all things. To him be glory forever. Amen.
When Jesus went into the region of Caesarea Philippi 2 he asked his disciples, “Who do people say that the Son of Man is?”
They replied, “Some say John the Baptist, 3 others Elijah, still others Jeremiah or one of the prophets.”
He said to them, “But who do you say that I am?”
Simon Peter said in reply, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.”
Jesus said to him in reply, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah. For flesh and blood 5 has not revealed this to you, but my heavenly Father.
And so I say to you, you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church, 6 and the gates of the netherworld shall not prevail against it.
I will give you the keys to the kingdom of heaven. 7 Whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.”
Then he strictly ordered his disciples to tell no one that he was the Messiah.
Mass Preparation for this Sunday